When we hit a plateau or get into a rut with our fitness program, it’s easy to blame the circumstances and/or other people.
“Too many distractions.”
“Too busy taking care of other people.”
“Work is crazy right now.”
“My trainer isn’t giving me the right workouts.”
In reality, if we’re not getting the results that we want, the only place to look is in the mirror.
Most of the time, it’s us … our negative thoughts, limiting beliefs and fragile mindsets.
Thankfully, we can work on our mindset and practice improving our thoughts and beliefs … the same way we can learn and practice any physical skill.
When you improve your mindset, everything changes for the better.
Here are 5 powerful mindset hacks that you can start practicing today to improve all aspects of your life:
- Your thoughts shape your life. Everything starts with a thought, which impacts your feelings, actions, and ultimately, your results. If you’re not happy with the results in your life, you have the power to change everything simply by changing your thoughts.
- What’s done is done. Don’t dwell on the past. It’s quite literally the ONE thing you CAN’T change. Focus instead on what you’re going to decide TODAY to have a better tomorrow.
- Worrying is a waste of time. Worrying is quite possibly the most useless, wasteful emotion we can experience, yet it is one of the most common. If we learn to let go of this emotion, our lives will be so much easier … and better.
- Addition by subtraction. Be mindful of the people you surround yourself with. Keep your distance from people who bring you down, suck energy out of you, make you feel bad or don’t serve you. Those people don’t deserve your time or energy. Save it for those who lift you up … and lift them up, too.
- Enjoy the ride. Once you get to a milestone, another one appears…and then another…and another. We tend to keep moving our eyes forward, never fully allowing ourselves to enjoy the process and celebrate key victories along the way. Enjoy the ride; it’s all about the process.
Which of these mindset hacks will you try today in order to unlock your potential?